Friday 6 February 2015

Five On Friday

Evening all.

So it's been a rather busy week for me. Lots of the usual, plus meeting up with friends, volunteering at the school, job hunting, baking and all manner of pottering type pursuits that leave me happy and satisfied. It always involves a bit of faffing too, but who doesn't love a good faff?






I took these snaps during my early evening faff. Tea had been eaten and cleared away. Marc was dropping off Alfie to his first cadet camp. Olly was having his bath, and I think Sam was singing in his room.

I love Friday nights. We are all relaxed, and looking forward to the weekend. The weather is going to be fine, and we are hoping to get up to plot number 10 for a couple of hours of digging. Oliver has his first birthday party to go to on Sunday, and he is beyond excited. I am looking forward to slacking off the diet a little. I've been so good, and feel like eating some cake to celebrate.

Anyway these photos have a little theme going on. A bit of orange action. I didn't realise that there was so much dotted about the place. A happy colour, which is great because I am feeling like Pharrell tonight.

Have a lovely weekend.
Eat, drink and be merry, friends.
Like Henry VIII, but without the head chopping. Obvs.


Leanne xx



I am joining in with Five On  Friday, taking five minutes from our days to enjoy five things.
 Here are some other lovely bloggers that are doing the same this week

Alison from Saver Of Suburbia

17 comments:

  1. lovely happies, glad there's no head chopping off x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is The Sea, The Sea in the Iris selection???

    Orange and happy faffing all good. We call it Pfaffing ever since a short break in Switzerland (Kloisters actually- get me) where we went through a station called Pfäffikon. I pass it on to you because it affords us much hilarity and I know you like a good laugh too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's there, but it's not orange.
      Love the pfaffing
      Leanne xx

      Delete
    2. I have actually been to Pfäffikon!

      Delete
  3. Ah yes, lovely Friday evenings. I hope you have a productive time at the plot, it's all a bit frozen here but I have so much to do at mine. Maybe you could take your camera and take a picture for us? Although Olly's picture is absolutely excellent. It's so nice that he's excited about it. Wishing you a good weekend too, enjoy your cake. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great faffing - and I noticed the orange theme! Thanks for joining in Leanne. Hope you have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What would life be without.a good faff? Boring that's what so faff away is what I say😃 🌻

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friday evenings are one of my favourite times of the week too. Love the orange theme - I have a similar vase filled with shells from Cornwall in the bathroom. Wishing you a weekend of more (p)faffing and cake. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lino cut cards looks great, orange is such a happy colour. I'm looking forward to sunny skies over St Ives this weekend, have a lovely time at the allotment. Antonia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leanne. I love a bit of orange, it is a happy colour indeed. Have a lovely weekend. Christina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure hope we faff here in Canada but I'm just not sure........so in the spirit of the moment, I will ask you five on friday.
    1)what is faffing and why do you recommend it?
    2)has orange always been your happy color?
    3)what will you grow in your allotment?
    4)how did you hear about Iris Murdoch?
    5)Is your vase from Ikea? My daughter has one so like it, also on a shelf, also filled with 'things from the sea'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda these questions requires serious thought. I shall get back to you shortly
      Leanne xx

      Delete
  10. I love these photos, it's like I'm in your house at the end of a long, busy week. Tonight I got this weird urge to vacuum after dinner. I finished cleaning up from the meal then vacuumed the whole house. At least it's clean for the weekend, right? Time for a drink...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Friday evenings are my favourite moment in the week. I don't get to pfaff much right now. Plenty of pfaffing awaits me though, I'm sure. Have a great weekend. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful pictures, Leanne! I especially like Olly's picture of your allotment. I see from the comments above that I'm not the only Canadian confused by the term "faffing." I've now Googled and added the word to my growing collection of British terms. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Friday evenings are the best, aren't they? The whole weekend stretched out ahead of you...
    I'm an orange lover too. I think it explains why I'm drawn to all those old Penguin books.
    Enjoy what's left of the weekend :)
    S x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a good faff, plenty of opportunity with half term coming up :-)

    ReplyDelete